We are excited for your child to participate in Camp Limmud! Camp Limmud is available for children between pre-K to 5th Grade. There will be a dairy, nut-free lunch and snacks included. Children over age 10 may attend Limmud AZ presentations with their parents at the discretion of the parent.DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR CAMP LIMMUD IS FEBRUARY 9, 2017 Spots are limited, so please don't delay in registering! Children cannot be registered the day of the event. REGISTER FOR CAMP LIMMUD NOW
What is Camp Limmud?
Camp Limmud offers childcare while parents attend their Limmud sessions. Babysitting service is available for children ages 0 - 3 years old. School age kids from Pre-K to 5th Grade will participate in exciting activities* such as:
- PJ Library
- Israeli dancing
*Subject to change
Camp Limmud Schedule for February 12, 2017
8:15 – 9:00 am
9:00 – 10:00 am: Family programming with Jewish Free Loan (JFL)
Families will participate in a discussion and project about savings, tzedakah and giving priorities. Jewish Free Loan provides interest-free loans to enhance the quality of life of Jewish Arizonans. JFL’s vision is a thriving Arizona Jewish community in which aspirations of financial health and personal achievement are realized by all. Learn more at: https://jewishfreeloan.org
10:00 – 10:10 am
Break time (snack)
10:10 – 10:55 am: PJ Library session with Rachel Wallach
Totally Tu Bishvat: Celebrate the birthday of the trees with PJ Library books, crafts, games, and more! PJ Library sends free Jewish children's books to families across the world every month. Something magical happens when parents sit down together to read with their children. PJ Library shares Jewish stories that can help your family talk together about values and traditions that are important to you. Sign up to get free book at: www.valleybeitmidrash.org/pjlibrary
10:55 – 11:05 am
11:05 – 11:45 am: Artist painting session with Corinne Milner
Art by Corinne, a local Scottsdale Art Studio (www.artbycorinne.com), will lead kids in a painting project pertaining to the theme, Tikkun Olam. Each child will leave the session with an 8”x10” painting on canvas, along with new art skills and added confidence. Learn more at: www.artbycorinne.com
11:45 am – 12:00 pm
Clean up and break
12:00 – 12:50 pm
12:50 – 1:35 pm: Physical activity with Coach Alex
Kids will participate in fun, interactive outdoor games.
1:35 – 1:45 pm
1:45 – 2:30 pm: Kids yoga with Audrey Matalon
The Inverted, Twisted and Flipping Days of Creation: We'll symbolically move through the creation of the physical world through yoga postures.
2:30 – 2:45 pm
Break time (snack)
2:45 – 3:30 pm: Fun singing session with Cantor Ross Wolman
Sing, Jump, and Dance Through the Jewish Calendar: Kids will sing some old favorites and learn the new hot tunes for our holidays and Shabbat. Along with his passion for music, Cantor Wolman has a strong love for film, the outdoors, education, Israel, and the Hebrew language. He is the Cantor at Temple Chai.
3:30 – 3:40 pm
3:40 – 5:00 pm: Movie screening
Bee Movie: Barry B. Benson, a bee just graduated from college, is disillusioned at his career choice of making honey. On a special trip outside the hive, Barry's life is saved by Vanessa, a florist in New York City. As their relationship develops, he discovers humans actually eat honey, and subsequently decides to sue them.
When is it offered?
It will be offered from 9am-5pm, with a dairy, nut-free lunch and snacks included.
Where is it offered?
It is conveniently located in the rooms adjacent to the Limmud AZ sessions.
General Information for all children:
- Check in will begin at 8:30am at the Camp Limmud registration table.
- Each family will receive two wristbands at check-in. One will be placed on your child and the other on the adult responsible for the child. This is done for security purposes so that the person who drops a child off is the same person who picks him/her up. Please be prepared to present your wristband at check-out to expedite the process.
- Please bring a water bottle (or sippy cup) for each child with his/her name clearly labeled.
- Please keep electronics at home as they can become a distraction.
For kids age 0-3
- Your child is welcome to bring a special toy or book. Please be sure to label any items you bring. Camp Limmud is not responsible for any items lost or broken.
- For children requiring a nap, please bring a stroller and/or pack-n-play for them to sleep in.
- Please be sure to bring diapers, wipes, and a changing pad (all labeled) as Camp Limmud will not provide those items.
For additional details or information email firstname.lastname@example.org.